But on a brighter note-it is going to stay lighter later and I LOVE light! It also means that spring is just around the corner and then summer will be here before you know it!
But I'm kinda grouchy tonight. I had a fantastic day helping my girlfriend pack up most of her kitchen (you know the sentimental friend?) and we ate dinner over there and just had a great afternoon and evening but what got me cranky was the local town newspaper had an article about the Catholic church. The article was written by someone who appears to be absolutely clueless about the Church or her teachings on anything, but wrote like she was the expert which she's not.
I tried not to get angry as I read this "expert" spout such lovely things like, "contraception is not 'just for not getting pregnant.'" Or even better the line about, "maybe the church just needs to modernize. I'm not meaning change their core beliefs."
Oh. my. are you kidding me.
Journalism has taken a whole new level of what we accept as good writing.
So I guess I need to start my next letter to the editor for another paper. What floors me most is the fact that unfortunately, there are people in this town, (heck-our nation) who read these papers with these "articles" and take them as gospel truth!
Now if you're an educated Catholic (I don't mean school wise, I mean if you really know your Catholic faith) you'll read this bit of "news" and laugh (or scream as I did, but that's merely because I have a really ugly temper that tends to flare it's glaring nostrils when it's riled up) and know that the woman misses the truth by a MILE and really sounds quite ridiculous-but if you're 80% of the Catholics out there that really don't know their faith, and the 90% of everyone else that think they know the Catholic faith, you're going to read this and say, "wow, she's good. She really knows her stuff." I cringed when I wrote that because it couldn't be farther from the truth...
Pathetic came to mind when I first read it.
Why can we not post two sides to the story? I mean, it took up 1/3 of the page. There was plenty of room to find someone who actually knows the Catholic faith and ask them to write a quick little rebuttal to her goofy ideas that the pill is a safe and beautiful thing. OR the fact that we could find someone who knows the true teaching of the Catholic church.
But who am I kidding? I mean, yesterday there was a cartoon in the New York Times that was telling "nominal and liberal Catholics" that now was the time for them to QUIT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

You tell me what would have happened if this cartoon/spoof/hate garbage had been about Muslims? Heck-the White House would be demanding the NY Times apologize, let alone the fool organization that paid $52,000.00 to have it published.
But I digress...
Enjoy your springing forward...
Good times are coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment