So after my entire day was spent either sitting or lying down, I realize I may have sounded a tad grouchy with my last blog. I do apologize. But this is why I am a stay at home mom of soon to be 6 children and I no longer try to reach out to the crazed world we live in. I am just going to do what Mother Theresa says and clean my toilets because that is exactly where God has me right now!
But I am also feeling much better physically today as well. Monday-my sweet hubs had to work in the middle of the night (remember, bad guys don't work 9-5)so he was able to meet me after I picked up little ME from preschool. We went to Wegmans (the BEST grocery store in the WORLD) and ate a light lunch in which he made fun of me profusely because he said this pregnancy (which is our 10th) has brought about the most bizarre food cravings for me yet. I went to get ME a slice of pizza and turned around and was met with the most beautiful Asian food bar I've ever laid eyes on! I thought to myself-I'll just take a little....
Wegman's has all kinds of containers so I really did just get the small one and crammed it full with fried rice, spicy chicken, a shrimp roll, fried green beans and something else I can't remember the name of, but it reminded me of fried noodles. Oh.My.Heavens.
Anyway-he laughed at me. Which lately has become easier and easier.
So continuing on... we then grocery shopped (which we should never do together because 1. I forgot the grocery list and 2. we always find "fun" things we would never buy if we were alone!
We got home and I convinced him to help me get the baby stuff out of the basement and see what we had and maybe start rearranging our room a bit to make room for the bassinet and never ending pile of diapers!
I didn't realize how much I had given away over the years, but in my defense, it has been 11 years since we've had a baby boy-so NO baby boy stuff exists in this house and 4 1/2 years since ME came along, and I now can clearly remember so many times bringing baby clothes or items to church for a family, or a single mom who was having a baby and had a need. I felt guilty hording that stuff in my basement - so that is why we have 3 neutral outfits (which is fine-Target will be open after this baby is born) 5 onsies that are plain white with no pink (just in case the odds are for a boy-which after 4 girls - and only 1 boy - they probably are not) and 1 neutral baby blanket and 2 pink blankets (in semi-good shape!)
The bassinet was still standing-which considering it's almost 40 years old (i was a baby in it and yes, it's safe-I wouldn't dare place my children in anything that's been recalled-well, except my crib, but my hubs says he can rig the sides to never be able to drop down) -imagine sheepish grin here-
and the bassinet cover still fits!!
So we then ventured upstairs to our room and began the tedious task of moving furniture. Ok, reality check-he moved furniture, I directed. I also dusted and vacuumed and let me tell you, after 3 years of being in this house-there was a TON of dust behind the furniture! It was distusting as my little ME says...
Needless to say, with all the standing, bending over, physical labor I took on Monday, I had some rather uncomfortable pain "down there" if you know what I mean, through the night and woke up feeling like I had been run over by a bus Tuesday morning. My hubs was concerned about the pressure, frankly I was too, I'm only 32 weeks, so we still have a good few weeks of baking to do before this oven is done-so he suggested (lovingly of course) after I drop off ME at preschool, to come home and rest. Which I did, and I felt so much better this morning!!! But I guess it led me to sound a tad grouchy with the last post. I am just a fired up Catholic who stays at home and reads entirely too many news articles (and then reads the comments below them-which is just dumb!!!)
So enjoy your Wednesday. I might try to upload a picture of my newly "remodeled" bedroom. Remember, I am about as techno-savvy as a forest animal...
No comments:
Post a Comment