Monday, April 19, 2010

Date Night

January 6, 2010.  That is the last time Ricky and I went on a date.  It was with some really good friends of ours who took us to dinner to a great little Italian restaurant in Fayetteville.  It was bitter sweet because one, we had just started doing things with this couple and really enjoyed their company, but also because this would be the last time we would be able to use our disposal of babysitters!  And we had collected quite a good stash of babysitters!  There were at least 4 girls I could call and depending on the time of the year, 2 more who would be home from college!  That's six girls to choose from!
Anyway, our date occured earlier than I ever imagined!  April 17th!   And I have to say the way it came to be is almost divine.  You may want to stop reading here if you don't believe in Divine Intervention.
We found our church when we did our 10 day house hunt trip in December.  We didn't know if we could join it because it was in another town! (where we lived in Little Rock, there were zones for where you lived to where you would go to church.  Kind of to cut down on all the Jones' going to the new church down the road and bypassing their old dilapidated (might be spelled wrong) church.)  Follow me?  OK.  Anyway, we found out that we could join and signed the kids up for religious ed and started attending every weekend. Anyhoo, the first weekend we were there we met this family.  They were an older couple with two older married children, one in college and one in high school.  Super nice family.  The mom, wrote me a little note the next weekend and offered her and her college daughter a free night of babysitting.  I couldn't believe it.  They were so sweet!  We got to know them over the next few weeks and during Holy Week, saw them a lot, I should say, they saw us a  lot, and my kids absolutely loved them.  I was worried they would retract their offer, but it still stood.  We settled on this past Saturday.
Ricky and I went to this street called, Hertel street which is in the very Italian part of Buffalo.  There were all kinds of authentic Italian restaurants and we settled on the little cute one that was pretty good!  I love me some Bruishetta.  I'm sure I'm not spelling that right.  But it's the best Italian appetizer to me!
We had a nice dinner and went to one of the Malls and walked off all the food that wasn't sitting quite well with me, I think I've gotten to where two sticks of butter in my alfredo sauce is my limit...this one might have had 3.  Not good.
So once my belly had settled, we went for dessert.  And of course, I'm almost embarrassed to say where, because I honestly thought Cold Stone would be too rough on my stomach and I would have insisted on eating the entire dish, so settled for some ice cream from - are you ready? Yes, Friendly's.  Don't get me wrong, I like Friendly's, in a Shoney's kind of way, but Friendly's on a Saturday night pulls out all kinds of locals.  It reminded me of Perkins in Johnson City, Tennessee  We would head there after closing down all the bars, HA!, on the weekend, and it was usually one or two in the morning, and there was this bar underneath Perkins called the Crow's Nest.  Yea, that was the type of people who went to it, too.  Ricky can tell you about that bar.  HA!  Anyway, this past Saturday, we saw some Crow's Nesters.  :)
Our date was fun.  I will treasure it until the next unknown one.  I will hopefully have a picture of Ricky and I to post with this that our friends took of us before we left our house!
Have a great week. It's spring break.  I"ll try to bring my camera everywhere we go this week.
God bless.
The first picture Ricky wouldn't smile, so she made him smile with his teeth.  He's so cute when he smiles!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, how awesome! So glad you got a well-deserved night out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Beth!! I keep checking your blog! You let me know when you jump back on it again!!

    ReplyDelete