Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This, That, and Everything Else...

It's been a while since I've had random pictures up, so here we go.  Enjoy!



OK-Seriously, she has maybe 6 words in her vocabulary, girl understands everything I tell her, but can't talk-but I swear it looked like she was reading the side of the box...

It was member appreciation night at the zoo.  Daddy got to go with us this time!  We love our zoo.  It's just a perfect size and we can see the whole thing in just a few hours.  The kids love it!  This was heading into the rain forest!  (note the jackets-it got down in the 50's this week for the lows and middle 60's for the highs...very nice!)


The new exhibit at the zoo is a little barn like setting with this cute wagon.  ME was angry because SHE wanted to ride it by herself...forget this group picture garbage!


I remember as a little kid these awesome birds being all over the Knoxville zoo and now they're all over our zoo up here!!  This funny peacock stayed on the fence for a while so everyone could photograph him... very funny!

Giraffe number one....



Giraffe number two....  ;)


Happy Fourth of July everyone.  I always get a little emotional when I think about what the fourth of July really means for us.  I read the most fascinating writings of some of our greatest leaders, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Benjamin Franklin, and every single one of them said something to the effect that if it were not for God, we wouldn't be here... very moving. 
Thank you all who are serving, have served, or will one day serve to protect our country.  The "war" dynamics have changed so drastically in the last almost 9 years.  Thank you for keeping us safe from people who would rather we all not exist...


Little G and her friend figured out a way for BOTH to skate... very ingenious I might add...


OK-this is a plate of baby back ribs with a dry rub that Ricky put together... (we've been watching a LOT of Man vs. Food and Chopped lately...



Here are the beautiful ribs with some zucchini and onions to with it... needless to say, it was DEEEELICIOUS!  It was our 4th of July BBQ!!!  Man vs. Food-you ain't tried nothin' yet!  Bobby Flay?  Ricky Bobby is the man to beat!!!



Ricky Bobby.  At his "man grill."  Check out the KNOBS... Those are some man knobs...



My children were desperate to do something today.  It's a "heat wave" here- highs in the high 80's, it's actually 86 right now, with 60% humidity-Lake Erie must have taken the day off, because our cool breeze is gone... so I made up a batch of fruit punch (it's all we had!!!) and brought out some cups and they made signs... they are riding their scooters up and down the street trying to pick up some business!!!  Too cute!!

small- .25
medium- .50
large- .75


Grace's sign... check out where it's happening...
;)

Emily is not liking the heat wave...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment