Monday, May 7, 2012

Ice Cream

Does anyone else out there love ice cream as much as I do?  I doubt it, but you can try to convince me you do.  Did you ever work at Baskin Robbins and mess up on orders just so you could eat them?  I didn't think so...

My obsession for ice cream has been around probably since birth, but I don't remember it as well as I do when I was a teenager working at the 31 ice cream flavor store (which by the way, they never had 31 flavors at once, but they did come close).  I would LOVE working the night and weekend shifts because the owner wasn't there and he hadn't wised up on us ice cream addicts and installed a camera yet. 
The night and weekend manager was more concerned with finding various ways to ask me out then to worry about what kind of ice cream I would conveniently scoop into a cup and then pour mounds and mounds of steaming hot fudge all over until it was a melted mess and I devoured it. 

Guess eating like a pig wasn't a turn off either, cause he didn't take hints too well about my dis-interest in him.

But ice cream has truly been one of my most favorite of the four food groups. Yes, ice cream is in the four food groups.  Dairy??? 

I can honestly say I have probably eaten my weight in ice cream. 

It's the sole reason I exercise and if you don't believe me-ask my husband.  He's the same way.  He gets ice cream envy when I eat it when he's out of town.  Which is what I did tonight. 

What's the phrase?  When the cats away the mouse will eat ice cream?  Yes, that's it.

I would probably be a tad more fit and defined if I cut back on my ice cream eating.  I mean, for the 40+ days of Lent I gave it up and actually lost a few pounds. My husband would say after Easter I found them....

I had a terrible adjustment though once we moved to New York.  They didn't sell Yarnell's frozen yogurt up here.  And for a very good reason, it was an Arkansas company, that I guess couldn't compete with the likes of Perry's ice cream up here.  But Yarnell's had fat free frozen yogurt that was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Image Detail
See the yogurt?  That was our FAVORITE!!


OK, seriously, do you want to know how much of it my husband and I ate when we lived in Arkansas? 

Enough Yarnell's frozen yogurt that when we moved a little over two years ago, the company apparently started feeling the pinch, and last summer it-WENT OUT OF BUSINESS.

My husband and I single handedly shut the company down when we moved.

I would buy 2-3 tubs every week at the store, people. 

That's not a normal amount for just 2 people.  That's a tad extreme. 

So now I've found a very expensive, definitely fatter alternative.  It's Perry's frozen yogurt alright, but it's not healthy in any way shape or form. It's called peanut butter chip.  It has huge chunks of peanut butter and fudge "flakes" all over (we call them chocolate chips in the south). It's divine and I ate the rest of the half gallon tonight to celebrate the fact that although my hubby is out of town, I survived getting one child to piano and another child to a baseball game and fed 4 of them in a 15 minute span and then spent the next two hours praying the sky would open up and end the ball game.

Well, the sky did just the opposite and stopped raining and I had to sit there in the back of my van, shivering because it's MAY and I refuse to wear a coat and jeans while I watched two of my girls run around with two other rug rats and get extremely filthy while my boy played a decent game of baseball...

The ice cream was well deserved this evening.


This is the BEST.  (I have 3 of these in my freezer)






No comments:

Post a Comment