Monday, May 4, 2009

Two Weeks

I'm afraid I haven't been doing such a hot job keeping up with this, but the people i was mostly doing it for, AREN'T EVEN READING IT! I asked my mom last week when they were in if they read my blog... no... are you kidding me? ;) Well, don't complain to me when you get all sappy about missing out on the Blair's in Arkansas...
onto something a little lighter...
For those of you who are interested in us, (or just have nothing better to do with your time and enjoy wasting it on us) Ricky shaved his beard and mustache Saturday night after performing as Jesus in the show for a group from our church that are ballerinas... He was fantastic and with his outfit on, and little tunic like hat thing, he really could pass for the real thing... it was very emotional and the girls in the performance did a beautiful job... Haven't you ever wanted to dance on your tippy toes??? I have, but now can live through my children who can walk around the house on their tippy toes...
So the beard was shaved, I shaved his hair and he was all of the sudden the most attractive man again!!! He and I decided that I didn't realize how "bad" he was getting... We went to Walmart that Saturday morning and I kid you not... you've seen them, the mountain folk with their 20 kids coming down for their once a month shopping spree at the Wal-mart... (you gotta hyphenate when your talking mountain man) WE WERE THAT FAMILY! All 7 rednecks of us... gatherin' at the Wal-mart... it was a sight to see... kids running around screaming for food only those mountain folk eat... "mom, can we get some more twinkies? Can i carry MaryElizabeth, I promise I won't drop her." And little G doing her best to sing as loud as is humanly possible some particular rendition of God Bless the USA... (big G's school concert last week had that song)... Anyway.... after all was said and done... the rednecks headed back to the love shack where we packed away all our monthly stashes...
Sunday we went to Church and came home and packed Ricky up to attend a class he has really looked forward to for a while... We're hoping it makes him more... oh crap, i can't think of the word... marketible??? is that even a word? Anyway, it's for the tech program and apparently not many tech agents are certified in this particular skill, so that could open the door if any tech agent positions opened up closer to home...
We took him to the airport and the kids just talked and played... Little ME cooed and talked and as soon as we dropped him off, she wailed all the way back to Fayetteville!! Are you kidding me??? NO! Cried all the way and almost made herself sick! I guess she was expressing how I was feeling!
So one night down and 11 more nights to go... I really don't know how military spouses do it...my heart goes to them... here I am whining about 12 lonely nights and they get 12 lonely months... It's like I always say to myself (the last few months of struggling with faith) God molds each one of our problems, burdens, pains, for us... what i can handle, someone else may not, what another could handle, I probably wouldn't be able to handle... but He gives them with the promise that He will be right here to carry us when that burden is too heavy... "Come to me all who are heavily burdened and I will give you rest..."
sorry no pics... just a vent today...
God bless you.

3 comments:

  1. And I thought you were doing this all for ME...ha ha. : )
    Stink-o that Ricky is going to be gone, but all for a good cause. If only he could have done the class in the summer when the kids were out of school...you could have come & stayed in Knox-thrill. Oh well...I'll be praying that tornados & such stay AWAY during his absense. We will keep you all in our prayers, as always. Love you guys, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you feel like you are going to have a breakdown, i will be at your door with popcorn and my copy of The Goonies to put a smile on your face! HUGS!

    P.S. Marketible is a word, but I am not sure that is how it is spelt! Lol

    ReplyDelete