Well, the kids and I spent an awesome afternoon and evening with our "cousins." Yes, for the first time in 14 years we are actually less than an hour away from relatives...Ricky's dad has a cousin who lives in Youngstown, NY. It's less than an hour from here right on Lake Ontario. The wife of Ricky's dad's cousin (that's a mouth full) invited us up today to swim in their pool with her granddaughter, and later 3 of her kids (she has 4 grown children all around Ricky's age and younger) would come over for a cookout. It was so much fun and Ricky even came over after work and ate and visited. They live in a very beautiful part of WNY... I took the scenic route today, which was very cool, because 1) I avoided those blasted toll roads and 2) I avoided all those crazy NY interstates which at times scare the bajeevas out of me because I've posted how these people drive up here... I swear they have spare cars somewhere...
So the scenic route took me up several small back roads and seriously into Amish country, an Indian Reservation, and about 2 dozen little side of the road stands with all kinds of fresh veggies...man I need to carry cash...
It was beautiful. But the drive home, we thought it would be better if we drove the interstate and of course, there are two seasons in WNY when it comes to the road system, snow season and construction season. I have a hard time driving across a bridge that should have two lanes of traffic flowing the same direction, but instead it has two lanes of traffic driving the opposite direction. FREAKY. Anyway, it took a million years to get home and Ricky got a phone call that he had to go to work. I swear, I think I married a night shift worker...so he's at work again and yes, you read the blog time correctly, it's 11:35 pm. Why am I up? Why not...
So we got home at 10:30pm. Kids are exhausted, but the concrete dude has been here and the extra driveway pad is poured, and my back porch steps are poured, the pad for our future shed is poured and tomorrow they'll pour the patio pad!!!!! And in a week I'll be able to put my table and chairs out back and have dinner on the patio and the next day we'll pack it up for the snow.... Just kidding, but it will seem like that...
I'll try to post some pics of today and the concrete on my next blog-but until than-you sit tight...
Have a very blessed Wednesday and God bless you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment