I know you missed me. You can just keep it all bottled up for only so long and then one day, BOOM. You'll let it out! I have posted a picture of a bunch of golden retrievers. This is exactly what our golden looked like when we got her almost 13 years ago. Poor Abbi died of cancer a few years ago. Very sad. But on a happier note I wanted a picture of a bunch of my 'children' and when you google a picture of a mom with lots of children, well, let's just say, I didn't get what I expected. But I did have a very rude awakening of the dangers of letting my children peruse on the Internet without adult supervision.... uh-hum...
Anyway! Did you miss me? of course you did! I have been in Arkansas for the last week (ok, only 5 days, but that almost constitutes a week!) I stayed with one of my very dear friends whom I absolutely adore and respect and admire and just love. She had her fourth child a month ago and it was the first boy in the family. It was very exciting. I was very thankful that she decided to have another baby so that would be my excuse to come visit.... ;)
So I was there from last Wednesday until yesterday. I had a terrible time saying goodbye. I didn't cry until I got on my plane and thankfully I was sitting by myself and just stared out the window as my little tears ran down and I tried to pretend I was getting a terrible cold...
The visit went so fast, but I tell you, last night I felt like I was a part of a Brian Regan skit. Both flights were delayed and in fact, my flight from Atlanta to Buffalo was delayed almost an hour because about 10 minutes after boarding the already 15 minute delayed flight, the pilot came out and said they found a flat tire. Wow. I guess plane tires have changed, because I thought they were HUGE. So you would think they could spot that, oh, say, from the next plane over at least. Nah. I guess when he went through his final run through, he kicked the tire and noticed a gash... just kidding, he didn't kick it, but there sure was a lot of tense laughter on the plane as though we all were thinking the same thing-Shouldn't we get off to change the tire? I'm certain my husband would have my hide if I tried to change a tire on the van with all the kids inside...and seriously, what kind of jack do you need to change a plane tire?
So that put me getting back to Buffalo close to midnight. We didn't go to bed until after 1 am which was ok, because we were able to wish each other a Happy Anniversary... 14 years ago today.
I'm glad to be back. I'll try to do a better job of blogging. I need the outlet and you need the entertainment. Have a blessed Tuesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment