My four daughters get along very well most of the time. Tonight was definitely one of those such moments and I swear, if I hadn't been so exhausted, and nearly asleep as I sat so comfortably in my chairs outside, I would have run in to get the video camera to prove some things you just can't explain...
My husband, as you will recall, is building a very cool, very monstrous play set for the kids. Well, at least the younger ones, but the funny thing is, the 12 and 10 year old have been climbing all over it, too. (like I said, it's monstrous)
So today, no different. He was installing the monkey swing bars (I'll have to post a pic sometime, because I just can't describe what monkey swing bars are at the moment) and the two smaller kiddos were eating a snack on the deck of the tower. LOVE THE TOWER!!
Of course, in true 3 year old fashion, most of the chips wound up on the ground. Then the two younger ones brought their lunch out to eat on the tower. Crackers & cheese. Well, once more, crackers sprinkled the ground below the deck.
Well tonight, while we ate at the picnic table, a HUGE flock of sea gulls began to fly in circles above the tower where of course, the two younger girls and the "big" sister sat eating. Of course, the eldest daughter had total composure as she attempted to shoe the nasty birds away. She actually began to cry at one point yelling for me to help them. I tried to stop myself from laughing and be completely serious, but it was rather hysterical to see them yelling at the birds. Once they realized the birds were afraid of them, it became quite a game.
The oldest began to caw at them attempting to sound just like them. The younger 3 were trying the same, but didn't quite sound as realistic as the oldest. Before we knew it, there were about 25 of these nasty birds flying around. I suggested they hide from the birds and that started a very funny, and entertaining 1/2 hour of crazy.
The girls hid behind the evergreen trees and waited ever so patiently for the birds to land. Then they would take off screeching like birds and yelling for the sea gulls to stay away. I'm certain, once again, the neighbors were conversing. Only this time, it was pure pity at my girls and their bizarre bird behavior. I just sat there in amazement that an activity could keep their attention for such a long period of time.
They did gradually get bored with it and the seagulls either got tired of being tortured or found another unsuspecting home to invade with their nastiness...
Either way, I got a good dose of entertainment that lifted my spirits rather high... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment