It's hard to believe that it's been since the 13th since I've blogged... but I have a great excuse... I really couldn't type very quickly up until maybe this monday? I had surgery to remove some skin cancer on my right hand, and I was left with 20 stitches on the outside and who knows how many on the inside... I am left handed, but I'll be honest, I think I must only write with my left hand and play bball with my left hand... everything else is right handed... so apparently I haven't been able to "over come" my righthandedness. Is that even a word? Well, the typing is still slow going, I have decided to post a pic of the "wound" so be prepared... It's gross.... but it beats the alternative... I go back on the 1st to get the pathology report and then August is my first "full body" exam where we'll document all my "spots"... could life get any more fun than that? I tell you, giving birth to 5 children seems easier to me than baring my body totally to my dermatologist... for those of you who know me well, I have a horrible self body image... I mean, I know I'm healthy, (some of you would say too skinny), I exercise and eat right (except those occasional shakes and dp's), but having someone check your ENTIRE naked body, just doesn't seem like something I'm all that interested in... but if it will prevent me from dying of skin cancer, I'll do it...
I did learn some interesting things while my dr. was putting my hand back together... The type of cancer I have is rare in people my age... lucky me... it's mostly found in elderly people... great... and it does have the tendacy to come back in the same spot or same general area... fabulous... really...
But for now, I hope it's gone...
Have a great Thursday!
Oh, ouch. I'm so sorry. Hope the full body thing goes well. And I'm sure you look awesome naked!!!
ReplyDeleteBecky, I totally appreciate the naked compliment... You are TOTALLY there for me in ALL aspects... haha!!!
ReplyDeleteUgh, it looks horrible!! (and kinda gross) Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen and hats!! ;-) I am praying that this is a one time deal for you and that the rest of the 'check up/around/down' goes well! XOXO
ReplyDeleteI recommend a nice older, grandmotherly dermatologist who pets you and makes you feel beautiful inside and out.... ;)
ReplyDeleteOUCH!! It looks worse than I had pictured it in my head. SO glad to hear you got a good report.
ReplyDelete